Saturday, January 14, 2012

Flying High

Although Connor is almost 5 months old, I still got that anxious feeling on Friday after work knowing that it was going to be just me, him, and Z at home with weekend with no plans and no company.  But there's nothing to worry about.  I got to sleep in today, we ran our errands and got him two new books for bedtime (a Curious George tale and Harry the Dirty Dog), got in a lot of good playtime and cuddle time, and continued on with sleep training - night 10.

When I put him down for his late nap, he was crying and nothing I did could calm him.  I knew he was tired, and I did what I could before leaving the room.  He cried on and off and finally on for about 15 minutes, after which Z went in the nursery, gave him his pacifier, a few good Ssshhhs, and then we didn't hear from him again until we got him up for his last feeding.  Of course, I worried that I did something wrong and that's what set him off before I put him in the crib for his nap, but he was fine, we're fine, and we'll continue on with it tomorrow.  I just can't wait until we can stop counting minutes and just feel confident that when we put him down for his nap, for the most part he's down for the count.

Weekends are the time that we really discover more of what 'Rad likes, what amuses him, and what new things he can do.  Getting airborne is still on his list of likes, and we got some good laughs and smiles today when he spread his wings.




His bouncy seat, which had fell off of my radar as little more than an interim plaything, should be put back on the active roster.  Not only do the humans enjoy it, but apparently Blue has taken a liking to it as well.


Ok, so Z was really bouncing the seat, but Blue took it upon himself to put his paw up on it as to make the above moment possible.  Oh that dog of mine...

No comments: