Monday, October 17, 2011

I Love My Baby's Back

Conrad can be caught in some pretty appealing poses, but pictures of him in his crib are by far my favorite.




I'm not sure what it is, but seeing him stare up at his mobile whether it's moving or not, hearing him coo at the stuffed woodland animals looking down on him, or just seeing him contentedly taking in the world while on his back is enough to make me squeal into the crook of my elbow so as not to disturb him.  There's nothing on that kid that I don't want to squish.

Has anyone read or heard of The Attachment Parenting Book?  Someone gave it to me when I was pregnant and I just started reading it.  I'm interested, but I also feel like I should take it with a grain of salt.  I think that's how all parenting advice needs to be taken.


With the weather getting brisker, 'Rad needs to be a little more bundled up when we go outside for our walks.  I'm not sure if we're prepared for the weather to get much colder and I'm not sure what it's going to be like when the snow hits the ground, but my little guy needs his time outside.  There was a day when we didn't leave the house at all because of rain and he was a fussy, frustrating mess until I took him outside the next day.  I'm thankful for that need because it means that I get outside and get some fresh air, too.  I never regret a walk because soon enough I'll be contained in an office only able to look outside but not able to be out there enjoying it.

No comments: