Friday, October 14, 2011

Baby in the Hiz-ouse

Retail therapy = hellz yeah.  After my six-week check-up (all systems are go), I toted C-rad to TJ Maxx.  It's been a while since I've been into that bargain mecca, but I made it out with two new onesies, three toys and two chimes (I'm a sucker for any toy that says it's for 0+ months) for $20.  Did I go in there intending to purchase a window shade for 'Rad's side of the car and a fall coat?  Maybe.  But I loves me a good deal!  After that we rocked the Walgreens, and I'm not ashamed to say that going there makes me almost as excited as going to TJ (I just love browsing along the makeup wall), especially since their almonds were BOGO.  I didn't buy anything for myself except the Thanksgiving edition of Martha Stewart Living, but there's something about leisurely shopping that made me feel better.  There truly is a power in shopping.

I've gotten used to living with a higher level of clutter than I ever though possible.  I mean, I was a slob to begin with, but we're on a whole different plane now.  This clutter exists not because no one has the time or energy to put things away.  It's because there is no where else to put these things away to.  This is totally a baby's house. I'm not playing around, we all know this house is now his and all about him.


Nowadays, I take pride in making dinner before we're all starving or getting a load of laundry that I put in at 8:00 am done before said dinner is consumed.  It sounds so...domestic, but it's all my choice.  I've been contemplating how I would feel if I were a stay-at-home mom.  Sometimes I think it would be great, and even more so when he's bigger.  Other times, I think it would drive me crazy and I would need at least a part-time job to keep my sanity.  So, I've come to this conclusion regarding me and being a stay-at-home mom: I would happily be one if I had the money to go out and buy stuff whenever the stress became too much.  That's really the American dream, isn't it?  And that's why I play the lotto.

'Rad has started to bat at toys dangling in front of him.  It's not happening consistently, but when it does it's so exciting and, of course, cute.  Yes, I am one of those "my kid is the cutest" type of mothers.  At least so far.  And at least I don't say it out loud.  Heh.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm in some serious need of retail therapy! Might self-medicate this week :D