But whatever happened this week doesn't matter now. I'm not there and it's the weekend and Z and I kicked some serious boo-tay today. Key Scrubs-like self-narration:
Our day began before 8 o'clock, when Z headed out the door for a game of frisbee golf and my grumbling stomach pulled me out of bed for a bowl of Cheerios. With nothing on tv, I ate my cereal with the dog staring at me, a standing fan blowing a stream of warm air in my face, and the radio playing today's most disappointing hits.
I actually had enough gumption to get some housework done, so even though the load I threw in the washer this morning has been sitting in the dryer since this afternoon, I at least had enough motivation to put those sheets and towels in the washer after breakfast and tidy the kitchen up a bit.
After Z got home, we really got things rolling. We:
- Went to the bank
- Set our carpet installation appointment
- Got some snacks (thank you to the chocolate-glazed cream-filled donut I got from BP for giving me the energy to power through till lunch)
- Opened an account at a different bank
- Got gas
- Went to the west side and hit up Toys r' Us. I am now the excited (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually excited about this thing) owner of a breast pump and various accessories
- Went to the mall to get a book where I was faced with the unhappy realization that there was nowhere in the mall to buy a book
- Went to Jimmy John's for lunch
- Went to Barnes & Nobles. Success!
- Went to Super Wal-Mart
- Hit up the grocery store
- Came home and crashed
It's funny how getting a lot done can give you the motivation and energy to do more. Sure, I took a nap after the groceries got put away, but tomorrow promises to bring more ass-kicking. AND, we're going to tour the birthing suites where Jooner will be born tomorrow. Exciting stuff, people!