Monday, May 09, 2011

Pregnancy, for Real

I'm going to talk about one of the less-glamorous aspects of pregnancy. It's not a savory topic that I'm going to dive into, so if you have delicate sensibilities, proceed with caution or do not proceed at all. So today I'm going to talk about...gas. It's gross and it can make people giggle, but when you're pregnant it becomes a real concern. At least it has for me as of late.

You may find it unladylike for me to tackle this topic, but let's be honest - how many people haven't been standing in the break room at work or strolling through the aisles at the grocery store when you just have to let one sneak out. Silent but deadly, as they say. No harm done. You do your secret business and keep moving so you can't be tracked as the source of the scent. Thing is, when you're pregnant you lose the ability to turn those bubbles into your stomach into SBDs. Everything has a sound now, and it's the sound that you're trying to escape. I learned that the hard way this weekend. I was spared full-on embarrassment thanks to the mature company I was keeping, but one wrong move it could have been blush-inducing. Ok, now I'm starting to feel embarrassed about telling you all this. But that's what I have for you today in the real world of pregnancy ;-)

No comments: