Monday, April 18, 2011

Who Are You?

Today was Zach and my first day carpooling, and besides a scheduling snafu on my part it went pretty well. Having someone else in the car definitely helps temper the road rage. I'm sure Junior appreciates that, especially since I apologize to the baby every time I feel that flash of heat rush through my body whenever I get cut off or have to slam on the breaks. Driving in Wisconsin is something I could be on my soapbox about for hours (as if you didn't know), but I'm going to leave it there. I've apologized to Junior enough today.

Wednesday is going to be a big day for me, Z, and the baby - it's the day we find out if Junior is a Juniorette (and, lucky for the baby, it will be the day he or she gets a real name)! I feel as if some motherly connection I should innately have with the being growing inside me is missing since I have no strong feelings about whether baby is a girl or a boy, but do people always have a feeling or a dream or an inkling about the sex of their baby? I can't force the feeling, because when guessing I'm often wrong. Or, I think I'm wrong about my guess so I feel that the option I didn't choose was the right one, therefore I feel that the one I originally chose is correct and I still end up being wrong either way. My intuition needs an alignment.

In the absence of true knowledge, what else is there to do but search the internet? Being the all-knowing fortune-teller that it is, the internet and the Chinese Gender Chart below assure me that Junior is indeed going to be a Juniorette.

Mother's Chinese Age At Time Of Conception
Month of Conception18192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445
JanuaryGBGBGBBGBGBGBBBGBBGBGBGBGBBG
FebruaryBGBGBBGBGBGBGGGBGBBGBGBGBGBB
MarchGBGGBGBBBGBGGBBBBGBBGBGBGBGB
AprilBGBGGBBGGBGGGGGBGBGBBBBGBGBG
MayBGBGBBGGGGGBGGGGGGBGBBGBGBBG
JuneBBBGGGBBBGGBGGGGGGGBGGBGBGBG
JulyBBBGGBBGGBBBGGGGGGGGBGBBGBGB
AugustBBBGBGGBBBBBGGGBGBGBGBGBBGBG
SeptemberBBBGGBGBGBBBGGGGGGBGBGBGBBGB
OctoberBBGGGBGBGBBGGGGGGGBBGBGBGBBG
NovemberBGBGGBGBGGGGBGGGBBBGBGBGBBGB
DecemberBGBGGGGBGBGGBBBBBBBBGGGBGBGB

We will see how right the internet and it's predictors are.

On the chart of expected pregnant behaviors, I still haven't gotten any crazy or strong cravings. I have, however, been enjoying an after-dinner banana sundae. How else am I supposed to eat my bananas, plain? Puh-lease.



1 comment:

KristinG said...

I had no feeling one way or the other about whether I was having a boy or a girl - Marshall was insistent from day one that I was having a girl. I think somebody told him that my nausea early on meant it was a girl, plus he decided that having a girl meant less disciplinary responsibility for him - at any rate, he was right (on the gender at any rate..the other part remains to be seen!). It's an awesome moment when you find out - treasure it and enjoy!