Sunday, September 26, 2010

Let's Go, Lions!

I am loathe to admit this, but I am actually excited about football this year. I can't believe it either. NFL or NCAA, I have been asking if my team won their game or watching it on tv if cable and my schedule allows. So far, I've been a winner on one side and a hopeful loser on the other.

So far, I can thank my alma mater for an early-season winning streak:

The Lions have not been so fortunate, but every week brings new possibilities:

(Maybe that radical new logo will make a once sluggish lion fiercer?)

Besides enjoying the pageant of it all, knowing a little bit about a couple of sports teams can really open up the realm of conversation. All "jock" talk aside (I think the term "jock" should be banished once you leave high school), sports are often a common interest for many people. For me, it's not as much about the hard hits and the macho roughness as it is about the hope for your team and the passion so many people put into that hope. And that's a big step for me considering that I am so very far from being a "jock" or an "athelete" (I put those terms in quotes because I'm not any version of the definition for those words, but I'm enjoying me some Lions and Wolverine football just the same).

On a more peaceful note, my Westerly Jacket is moving along. See where I'm at on Ravelry. Football and knitting - There's no obvious search for life balance in that.

No comments: