Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Christmas in September

It's that time again. When there is a slight chill in the air, when the school bus has started to make its neighborhood rounds in the morning, and when students (Z being among them) start loitering in the office supplies aisle at Walmart. But "that time" doesn't only refer to these autumnal occurrences. It also means that I've caught the knitting bug again. Surprisingly, this year I've caught it because I'm planning ahead for Christmas.

Before you shake your head at me and dismiss me as another holiday-crazed consumer, know that for the past 4 years I have entered the holiday season with intentions of knitting Christmas gifts for my family, which has been expanding ever since. Not to sell myself short, I did knit some reusable coffee coozies for last year's stocking stuffers, but this year I'm setting my sights on a slightly bigger prize:


The goal:
  • to knit one of these plus another TDB accessory for each of my nieces. One in purple, one in pink.
Other goals:
  • to knit a gift for each of my nephews
  • to use my new used bundt pan for something delicious and nutritious
  • to finish reading "Moby Dick" before the end of next month
  • to buy the new Sara Bareilles CD, the first new CD I've wanted to purchase in years
  • to paint a picture of my parents
  • to keep the majority of these goals

No comments: