Monday, January 14, 2013

Carsss

Just as most boys are apt to do, Connor has hit the car phase. To be honest, I had kind of been dreading it because I thought it would be a waste of money and not very exciting for me, the mama. Thankfully, toy cars from my sisters' boys saved us some cash and I've found the car phase pretty endearing. Rado walks around the house whispering "Carsss" while cluching one in each hand. He rolls them up and down my pant legs or across the surface of the bed. One of my favorites is when he runs them across the floorboards on hands and knees making the "Vrrmmm vrrmmm" sound whether we're there to hear it or not. It's those unconscious moments - when baby Connor's just being baby Connor - that are the best.

The momsumer (I just made up that word: mom + consumer. I'm so clever) in me wants to run out and buy those cash-draining toys because Rado finally has a concrete "like" besides blackberries and applesauce. Kids toys these days are pretty adorable and businesses know how easily we can all be suckered (I'm still trying to come up with a valid excuse as to why I should buy myself a Lalaloopsy doll). But we'll start with the hand-me-down cars for now. Or at least until payday comes around again. What is it about a kid that just makes you want to spend for no reason? Momsumer? I can be such a momsucker sometimes.



No comments: