Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Time Keeps on Tickin'

This week is my first full week of work for the entire month of July.  After the Independence Day holiday, my family reunion, and Z's family reunion last week, it's amazing that this week is going as quickly as it is.  I can guarantee you that next month will feel like the blink of an eye.  I'll let you in on my psychic secret soon enough.

Both family reunions were great fun, but they were stressful as hell as far as a 'Rado goes.  We all slept in the same room which we don't usually do, so Connor took that as a sign to wake up in the middle of the night to see what Z and I were up to (trying to sleep).  This ultimately led to me bringing him to bed with us to just a few hours of sleep, for godssake.  With so much action in the outside world, he fought almost every single nap we attempted to put him down for.  That great move led to an often cranky, clingy, whiny 'Rad-a-Dude who could only be consoled by me.  I love being so comforting for him, but being the mom is just so laying-on-the-floor-drooling-onto-the-linoleum exhausting.  I had a breakdown.  I cried.  Connor was handed around to aunts and uncles and grandma and I had a few beers.  Then he started to get accustomed to his new surroundings and we plucked him out of his nap, threw him into the car, and am now asking him to get used to his old routine again.  Parents are so mean.

This year's reunion theme:  Christmas in July

Connor's newest favoritest thrill is sitting on dad's shoulders

Connor is so close to walking.  I'll be honest with you, I'm not pushing the issue.  But pushing his little plastic lion on wheels around the house seems to be one of the few things that really gives him his kicks these days (we're all suffering from heat advisory-induced cabin fever).  He's made a few attempts at his first steps but I'm not calling it yet.  The kid has guts, so I don't think it will be too long until he's walking.  Dun dun dunnnn!

No comments: