Saturday, January 07, 2012

Dealing With 4-Month Vaccines

'Rad got his 4 month vaccinations yesterday. I wasn't brought to the verge of tears like I was at his 2 month appointment, but it still wasn't pleasant. I think we dealt with some of the after effects all through the day today. We even gave the little dude his first dose if acetaminaphen today.

I think those shots may have had something to do with the cranky baby we were dealing with today. No solid naps, whining and crying at somewhat-loud voices, a seeming intolerance to the joyful noises of playing children - this is not the baby I'm used to. The little guy really has a personality with some recognizable traits, and I'm glad the more difficult to handle ones aren't part of his normal state of being.

When I don't get oodles of smiles, a few giggles, and at least a smattering of laughs out of him, I feel that I haven't had a good day. Talking to Z about how I need to relax a little more (Iknow, I know, he'll be fine), I realized that all of the energy I used to expend during exercise is now being channeled to Connor, and not necessarily constructively. I really should find a way to fit some workout time into my week.

That time may start to become available since I've accepted and started to enjoy the thought of no longer having to pump. Today I bought 3 gallons of Nursery Water, bigger bottles, and a formula storage and dispensing container. Tomorrow we'll start giving 2 bottles of formula each day and the frozen tubes of milk I've been storing will come in out of the cold until not only my breasteses but my freezers have run dry as well. I'm almost ready to stop pumping all together right now, but since I'm still making something I don't want it to go to waste. Think about it though; 15 minutes of pumping 6 times a day every day for the past 3 months. That's almost 6 days solid. Crazy.

No comments: