Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kickin' it Live in Week 25

According to my pregnancy book, I've officially entered the 3rd trimester. Unbelievable! It seems like not too long ago that I was having trouble even believing that I was pregnant. On the other hand, I feel like we found out Jooner's gender months ago. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of what will be a huge time warp once our little guy is born. Kids grow up so fast, but there's no shortage of people telling you what long nights you'll have when you have a newborn.

Hopefully Jooner won't have any issues getting a good night's sleep in his progressing nursery. This weekend Z finished the trim around the windows and I'm so excited about how things are shaping up:


Obviously, we still have some touching up to do, but it's amazing what a difference a nice wood border makes to a window. And I love having a guy who can put it up with his own hands. Thanks for all of your work past, present, and future, Big Guy!

I'm not sure if it's a 3rd trimester thing or simply a not-getting-enough-sleep thing, but I have been so tired lately. They say in the 3rd trimester marks a return of fatigue and body aches. The fatigue part sure is coming true. But I feel Jooner kick and none of that matters. It seriously is one of the coolest feelings. Of course, with my sidecar of paranoia, I get a little freaked when he's not as active on some days as he is on others. But, I calm myself down, stop worrying about it, and sure enough he'll give me a little kick as a reassurance. I'm beginning to understand how you can love someone that you've never met so much.

1 comment:

KristinG said...

So sweet JoJo - love reading your thoughts. Makes me sooo miss being pregnant now...even though the last month seriously felt like the longest of my entire life. The 3rd trimester is tough! Rest when you can - make sure you invest in a super-comfortable glider / rocker for your nursery...you will enjoy it (and live in it!) not only when Jooner arrives, but in the coming months as you sit there rocking and imagining the future. Much love to you, Jooner, and Z!! :)