Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Spring Lists

Reasons it finally feels like spring:
  • I drove home from work with the windows down
  • When Blue Boy plays frisbee it smells like fresh grass, not mud and dirt
  • Buds are on the trees and bulbs are starting to sprout
  • It's supposed to get into the 60s and even the 70s this weekend!
  • I'm feeling that spring energy. Good bye, winter blahs
  • People are already working on their yards and upping the landscape ante
Last week, in the spirit of spring cleaning, I planned on giving myself one task per day to complete to get the house in shape and get the office cleared out for its remodel. The first task I gave myself: shredding the three years of old credit card and utility bills that I've been holding on to (Instead of putting together scrapbooks, I like to keep old bills to remember good times and money I used to have).

More than a week later, I finally finished that project. Needless to say, I'm going to have to alter the timetable I've given myself to complete my tasks.

Blue posing with the new mess that shredding bills created

Spring doesn't just bring a change in weather and mood, it brings a change in what gets put on the table. Thanks to the delicious recipes on fitnessmagazine.com, we've been enjoying some seriously yummy meals. I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for a good recipe, so here are some of my new favorites:
  • Shrimp and Shiitake Risotto - This isn't a set-it-and-forget-it kind of meal, but the work is worth it
  • Southwestern Pizza - Meat-free but incredibly filling and fresh
  • Egg Salad BLTs - I just had these tonight (two of them, to be exact) and they were SO good! The egg salad is an obvious spin on the usual BLT, but the green onions in the mix really make it great
If you have any favorite recipes, please share them! I am no chef, but I can follow a recipe like you wouldn't believe.

2 comments:

Emilie-Eric said...

I'm going to have to try out that SW pizza. We usually buy cheese take and bakes and load them up with whatever sounds good that day. But the black beans...I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

Jojo said...

I've become a big fan of green onions in my food, and the pizza has those too. They just taste so...spring-y.