Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Windy Wednesday

Life has been pretty ordinary lately, which now means busy, jam-packed, and tiring. Home life is hectic and work life is filled with moments of inspiration interspersed with periods of malaise. I often worry about my capacity to have more than one kid if having 'Rad alone is enough to drain all of my resources. But I love the beejeeus out of him, so maybe that's enough reason to have another little human being down the road to stress over, fawn over, and love up on.

An oldie but a goodie - I'm not sure how old 'Rad is in this picture
Christmas is less than two weeks away and I haven't done an iota of shopping. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm going to do any. I gave my family fair warning that there may not be any gifts for the nieces and nephews from us this year due to 'Rad's arrival and the astronomical costs of day care. They understand, but it bums me out not to have the gift that I know they'll freak out about. I'm really excited about my cross stitches, though. They're turning out really well and I'm proud of the fact that they're a Jojo hand-made original. I have 2 of 3 done. I'm just stalling on the design for my oldest sister and her family because there's SO many of them. Ok, there are only 5 people in their family but that's enough for me to complain about.
So, I told myself earlier this week that I need to cut back on the sweets. Not just because I feel like I'm reprising the whole eating-for-two thing without being pregnant, but because I just feel crummy when I cram sweets down. My weakest time for them is in the morning because I just love something sugary with my a.m. coffee. Yesterday I did well. Today, I'm still at my desk before work nibbling on an espresso chocolate. Does it count when my sweet IS my coffee? There's got to be a loophole in there somewhere...
I've been terrible at taking pictures of Connor lately. There aren't many photo-worthy moments, really. And the moments I want to remember I take snapshots of in my head so I can file through them at will. Mental snapshot moments are always when he wakes up and gives me that big cresent-moon-eyed smile; when he does the same at night or the afternoon (pretty much any time he's smiling;, when he plays by himself and I can hear him cooing; when we have cooing conversations; and when he lifts his chin, squints his eyes, and gives me one of his developing laughs. I don't know of a yummier kid than my 'Rad. I wish I could suck on one of his chubby cheeks right now! Alas, 8 more hours until stop! Connor Time.

No comments: