Friday, November 18, 2011

A Few Things...

The verdict on week two back to work is this: it's hard.  It's harder than I thought it would be when I started last week, it's harder than I thought it would be at the beginning of this week.  My focus has taken my motivation hostage and I don't know if I can come up with the ransom.  The funny thing is, I don't sit at work and think about 'Rad all day (even though my thoughts turn to him pretty frequently).  It's more so that having a baby has put things in a different perspective.  Work is wonderful because it helps pay the bills, but it really just feels like work since my sense of being and happiness is now so intertwined with that of one Mr. Conrado Ramone.  He doesn't know what I do for work nor does he care.  But he does know when Mom and Dad are happy and I want to pass on to him my optimism and not my cynicism.


Z, 'Rad, and I spent the morning with my parents, who were visiting town for a conference.  'Rad wasn't wearing this exact ensemble today, but they did get to see this little guy.  Doesn't he completely look like a little man with his track jacket?  Man, I could eat that kid up.  Num num num.  The one thing that saddens me is that his U of M hat is getting a little too tight on his ever-expanding nugget.  There will be other hats, but I had to get him started on the "Go Blue!" mantra early.  And I'm not just talking about encouraging the dog.

In a few minutes we're going to head out and brave the slice of America that is Super Wal-Mart for our big Thanksgiving shop.  Stuffing, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, dinner rolls, and mashed potatoes will soon be adorning our dining room table then filling our stomachs.  What are some of your Thanksgiving staples and favorites?

I'd love to stay and chat, but off we go!

No comments: